This is a recipe that I have been waiting to try for years, but I always seem to go back to my original recipe. I’m in Vegas, at my Mother’s for the holidays, and decided to make this last week. It was good, but if I made it again, I would use brown sugar instead of granulated sugar the recipe uses.
If you’re looking for something new for sweet potatoes, I recommend giving this a try!
Do you have a special recipe for sweet potatoes? Post it as a comment – I love sharing your recipes.
- 3 cans 15 oz. sweet potatoes
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup bourbon
- ½ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and heat through.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mash sweet potatoes. Add sugar, bourbon, butter, and vanilla; beat until blended.
- Spoon potatoes into a 2-quart, shallow baking dish. Place marshmallows over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes, or until marshmallows are golden.