This is what I did the other day when I just wanted something simple and meatless. I had a lot of things to do around the house and didn’t want to spend time cooking over a hot stove.
Instead, I went through all my herbs and spices and decided to roast the cabbage with olive oil and herbs.
This is what I found in the pantry to use:
- 1/2 head cabbage
- Lemon Pepper
- Garlic Salt
- Olive Oil
I sliced the cabbage about a 1/2 inch thick and lay them on an oiled pan. I then sprinkled them with olive oil and layered on the seasonings. Bake at 350 F. 40-60 minutes, uncovered. I liked that my slices came out Al-dente; you can cover the pan or put the slices in foil if you prefer it softer.
- 1 head cabbage
- 4-6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Lightly grease a baking pan with olive oil or line with parchment paper.
- Slice cabbage starting at the top in about ½ in circles.
- Place the cabbage on the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle olive oil on each slice and top with the seasonings.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes until the center is soft and the edges start to brown.
- Remove from oven and serve.